Dear International Students,

We welcome you at Manisa Celal Bayar University. We hope that your time spent at MCBU will be one of the most unique and rewarding experiences of your life whether you are with us for a short period or a full-year programme.

Our mission is to support you during your study at MCBU. We have prepared an International Students' Guide for you where you can find answers to lots of your questions. But if you haven’t found the answer to your questions both on our web-site & in the Guide, please feel free to contact our International Office and we will be more than happy to assist you. We wish you an enjoyable and exciting period at Manisa Celal Bayar University.

International Office Team



All international degree/exchange/Erasmus/visiting students must obtain a valid student visa before entering Turkey for studying. Exceptions are those who are legal dependents of someone living in Turkey, on a diplomatic mission or with a valid permit.

The student visa can be obtained from the nearest Turkish Consulate in your country. You will need your "Letter of Acceptance" from a Turkish university, a completed visa application form, and a valid passport. You have to obtain your visa before arriving to Turkey; it will not be issued upon your arrival.
Make sure that the expiry date on your passport is longer than your intended stay in Turkey. Your time limit will be stamped on your visa, although you may be given an extension over the length of your study.

Required Documents for Student Visa:
• - Valid passport (expiration date no sooner than one year)
• - Completed visa application form obtained from the Turkish Embassy or Consulate
• - Non-refundable processing fee (Prices vary based on nationality)
• - Letter of acceptance from a Turkish university
• - Passport-size photographs
For more information please visit

In addition to a student visa, you will also need a residence permit to live in Turkey. This will allow you to travel in and out of the country without re-applying for a visa. You must register and obtain your residence permit within one month upon arrival in Turkey from The Republic of Turkey Ministry of Interior Directorate General of Migration Management. You will be given a residence permit booklet. Please be aware that these permits have an expiry date and must be renewed before the expiration.
Required Documents for Residence Permit:
• - Signed certification from the school, showing that you are a student
• - Residence permit booklet fee
• - Your original passport with the student visa
• - Photocopy of your passport
• - 4 Photographs
Note : If you lose your permit you must notify the authorities and obtain a new one in 15 days. In case of changes in address or school you must inform the authorities immediately.


The official body in Turkey which recognizes foreign institutions of higher education is the Council of Higher Education (Yüksek Öğretim Kurulu – YÖK) -

The Council of Higher Education also deals with credential recognition for entry to university. It likewise provides services and assists domestic and international students in such matters as the recognition of their studies and associate's, bachelor's and master's diplomas and degrees obtained abroad. It may also set criteria for their validation.


MCBUYOS is an exam to be taken by students from abroad wishing to study at Manisa Celal Bayar University (MCBU). The examination is administered by MCBU. The exam results can also be used by some other universities for placing students to undergraduate programs.

MCBUYOS consists of two parts. The first is the “Basic Learning Skills Test,” which will be prepared and given in Turkish and English. This exam will be a 80 question test including abstract reasoning ability questions, mathematics questions and geometry questions. This test does not consist of questions from the fields of Turkish, physics, chemistry, biology, or geography.


Candidates who have been accepted for enrolment at Manisa Celal Bayar university, with the exception of those who have completed their secondary education in Turkey, are required to take the Turkish Proficiency Exam, which is prepared by the Manisa Celal Bayar University Turkish Language Department. The results of the Turkish Proficiency Exam will be graded as Pass or Fail. Successful applicants may commence their courses. Those who are unsuccessful in the Turkish Proficiency Exam, after registration, will be given a one year deferment in order to improve their Turkish. Our University provides Turkish Language Courses to those students throughout the year. Those who are successful in the examination administered by Manisa Celal Bayar University at the beginning of the next academic year will be allowed to start their education. Those who are unsuccessful will have their applications rejected.

Celal Bayar University, © 2014 | Security and privacy